Friday, November 9, 2012

So, I have these t-shirts...

Hey, you know how you like wearing shirts? Or, maybe you don't like that. In which case, you know how the social contract kind of dictates that you put a shirt on when you go out in public? Well, I'm sure you have many, many fine shirts in your wardrobe, but I would like to suggest that you maybe add another one to the collection. I hope that's not too forward of me. You see, I have some shirts here that have the name of my wrestling fanzine and a wrestling related image on them.



I almost typed that I made these shirts, but other than editing the fanzine named in the shirt's image, I basically did nothing to make these shirts exist. The art was created by the UK's greatest living visual artist who has ever designed a t-shirt for my wrestling fanzine, Sean Wárs. Here's a better look at that art before it was changed to line art for screen-printing purposes:


You guys, I have no idea how to type that diacritical mark over the "a" in Sean's name, so I have to google and copy/paste it every time I type it. I should probably learn to use my computer. Oh, wasn't I writing about t-shirts?



So, these shirts were designed by Sean Wárs and screen-printed by my friend Mike. I was going to help him do it, but we couldn't ever work out our schedules and Mike is super nice so he just went ahead and did it himself. He didn't have to do that. Mike is awesome. Mike runs a record label called Happy Happy Birthday to Me Records and you should click on that link and buy lots of stuff. Oh, but also buy one of my shirts. I'm getting to that part.

This is a die-hard limited edition t-shirt. There are only 40 of them. I'm only going to sell 32. This means that I'll be selling 8 each of sizes small, medium, large and extra large. I know that some people will want a shirt that is outside of this size range and I'm seriously sorry that I cannot accomodate you right now. If these sell well, I'll probably do another run in different colors that will include a wider range of sizes.

And now we come to the delicate matter of payment. Look, I feel pretty bad about asking you to give me money for the "privilege" of walking around with an advertisement for my 'zine on you. Most t-shirts people wear are basically billboards, and when you think about it, paying for a t-shirt with a logo on it is essentially the same as giving Pizza Hut or whatever a handful of cash and then they get to paint a Pizza Hut ad on your roof. They've got your money and you're doing their promotional work for them. That's a pretty good deal, if you're Pizza Hut. So in this equation, I suppose I'm Pizza Hut. Sorry for being Pizza Hut, you guys. I probably shouldn't have typed all that. Maybe I just typed myself out of some sales.

Anyway, I'm going to have to charge money for these shirts. I looked around and it seems like ten dollars is a pretty fair price for a t-shirt, so I'm selling these for nine. The US Postal Service will charge me around $3.50 to mail these things to you in the US, $5.00 to Canada and Mexico, and $10.50 to send one to any destination not on the continent of North America.

So, buy some shirts at the Official Atomic Elbow Online Store. I'll send you a sticker, too.

8 comments:

  1. Hey,

    How'd I contact you about writing for the fanzine?
    Thanks,

    Sean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every thought you have shared was totally fascinating. I would to see more on this. cheap custom tshirts

    ReplyDelete
  3. They exclusively use organic cotton and everything is made in Europe with the precise measurements provided by their customers. dri fit t shirt printing singapore

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not Human
    There have been fashion eras when people preferred to wear clothes that were loose and boring. The choice of color was highly based on bright hues and personal influences. Now the fashion sense has seen a big revolution with upcoming varieties in style.

    Luke M. Thomas
    4440 Crowfield Road
    Phoenix, AZ 85003
    hernandezmark@outlook.com
    602-827-5557

    ReplyDelete
  5. They can even be used as a commercial product if you have something clever that you want to put down on a custom shirt and want to sell. Once you figure out why you want to create the custom shirt and what you want to say, you can then start using the interactive website to design the shirt. Imprints tshirt

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you have shortlisted a company, it is preferred to pay for a trip to the company. That is the greatest time to learn does the organization provide excellent client solutions and top quality printing services. From how a organization providing you, you'll find out are there friendly, variable and professional with their customer. Require taste of these printing product to test and make certain their quality is good. If possible, have a trip to see their making process. You may want to think in the event that you found out their printing area is messy and dirty.Lastly, it is obviously encouraged to negotiate to acquire a great cost so you can reduced down your charge therefore that individuals can offer more aggressive cost to consumer. An excellent making business frequently able to offer good cost if you ready to order in bulk.If you are likely to be a published shirt dealer, recognize that the caliber of the merchandise you provide will reflect on you as a business owner. Here is the reason it is very important to guarantee the quality of these products you will sell. Great pricing is a bonus to let you industry your product easily. Partnering with reliable t-shirt printing companies may help. crypto fashion

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoo News. Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News? I’ve been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Appreciate it. rebelsmarket t-shirts uk

    ReplyDelete